BIG THANK YOU TO OUR ATTENDEES, SPEAKERS, SPONSORS AND EXHIBITORS FOR MAKING THE MARITIME SECURITY EAST PROGRAM A GREAT SUCCESS.
2018 DATES AND LOCATION COMING SOON!
The Fifth Annual Maritime Security 2017 East continues its commitment to providing all participants from the federal, state and local agencies, ports, critical infrastructure and private industry an outstanding opportunity to learn and collaborate across different perspectives, jurisdictions, and borders.
New for 2017, the program will be based on four segments; Maritime Professional Responders/Officers, Ports/Maritime Facilities, Technology/Cyber Security and the general sessions that applies across all maritime security stakeholders. These segments will be addressed as workshops that will run concurrently throughout the conference. Breaking the segments into workshops and breakout sessions will allow us to provide more content and in depth discussions for all maritime security stakeholders. In addition, this format will allow more interaction time for all attendees with our exhibitors.
JOIN YOUR COLLEAGUES AND COUNTERPARTS
Here are some of our participants confirmed to attend:
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security Science & Technology Directorate
- U.S. Border Patrol
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- U.S. Dept. of Energy
- U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
- National Maritime Intelligence-Integration Office/ODNI
- Port of Galveston
- Galveston Police Dept.
- Port of Houston
- Port of Beaumont
- Long Beach Police Dept.
- Port of Freeport
- Port of Corpus Christi
- Texas Parks & Wildlife
- Houston Police Dept.
- University of Houston
- Texas A&M Galveston
- Maritime Professional Responders and Officers Association
- Houston Ship Channel Security District
LATEST PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- NEWPort of Galveston will be providing an in depth port tour on March 7th. Transportation will be provided to and from Moody Gardens. Sign up will be coming shortly. Open to all participants of Maritime Security East.
NEWGalveston Police Department Marine Unit and Dive Team to showcase their assets and capabilities at the Conference and at the On-water demonstrations.
NEWTexas A&M Galveston is now an official sponsor of the program. Texas A&M Galveston is a leading Maritime Academy with a robust maritime security program and is taught and staffed by renown former MARAD, Navy and Merchant Marine experts.
NASBLA and Maritime PRO (Maritime Professional Responders and Officers Association) will conduct a live demonstration of their tactical vessel operations training on March 7th. Space and transportation is limited to the first 100 registrants since it is offsite.
On-water and pier side live demonstrations of tactical vessels and technologies will be conducted at the Moody Garden's Marina on March 7th. Demonstrations and boat rides will be open to all participants.
The most comprehensive Cyber Security workshop in Maritime Security will be led by experts, Sergio Muniz of CYFOR Technologies and Dr. Art Conklin of University of Houston, the cyber security workshop will discuss the business critical and operational importance of your IT and Cyber networks. It will also discuss and provide tools for attendees to plan for a cyber incident response. The workshop will be conducted in two parts to allow participants to evaluate their systems and plan effectively.
NMIO (the National Maritime Intelligence-Integration Office of ODNI) will lead a table top exercise (TTX) to explore maritime threat intel/info sharing in support of maritime law enforcement operations among regional federal, state, local, tribal, territorial, international, public and private partners. The exercise scenario will involve numerous vessels of interest inbound to or present in the local maritime environment that will require action by the participating maritime security organizations.
Shawn McDonald, Program Manager of the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate, Troy E. Johnson, Program Manager of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Air and Marine Operations, and Christopher Pietrzak, Assistant Chief of U.S. Border Patrol will present and discuss the D.H.S. S&T's Border and Coastal Information System program and its current deployment.
Todd Chase, leading expert on drones technology deployment of Oceaneering International will discuss UAS technology deployment in the maritime space. In addition, Alvin Brunner, the UAS expert for the Federal Aviation Administration all give guidance on regulations and policies for UAS use in the port environment.
WORKSHOPS AND SESSIONS TOPICS/TITLES
All participants may choose to attend any of these sessions without any restrictions.
Maritime Professional Responders and Officers Workshops:
- Maritime Professional Responders and Officers Association Membership and Board Introductions
- The Maritime Tactical Operations Group (MTOG) Introduction
- The State of Maritime Security Training
- Using Social Media in Law Enforcement and Security Operations
- Underwater Investigation and Evidence Recovery Best Practices
- The Future of Intelligence Support to Maritime Security Operations
- Creating and Using a Suspicious Activity Reporting Program
- Rad/Nuc Detection Best Practices for Marine Law Enforcement
Ports and Facility Security Workshops:
- New TWIC Reader Rules
- Facility Security Regulatory Issues
- Leveraging the Safety Act for Ports and Technology Providers
- Drones Use for Facilities and Ports Security and Assessments
- Preparing for and Responding to Active Shooter Scenarios
Cyber Security and Technology Workshops:
- Cyber Security Advances and Challenges in the Port and Maritime Environment
- Cyber Security Incident Response and Continuity of Operations Planning
- Advanced Technology Deployment and Integration in Port Security
- Effective Use of Technology in Underwater Response and Recovery
- GPS and AIS Spoofing and Inaccuracies
- The DHS Science & Technology’s Border and Coastal Information System Moving Forward
- Multi-Agency Approach to Securing the Transport of Dangerous Cargo
- The Houston Ship Channel Security District
Please let us know if there are topics you would like to see addressed or if you know of experts who you think can address some of these topics.